Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I have more than one apple id?

Can I have more than one apple ID?

Posted on Oct 20, 2016 9:36 AM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2016 9:40 AM in response to Lou63m

You can have more than one iTunes account, but only one account can be logged in at any one time - it's generally best to have just the one account, all content that you download is permanently tied to that account (so only that account can do in-app purchases in an app, download updates to them, potentially redownload them, and authorise them on a new computer's iTunes)

Oct 20, 2016 9:50 AM in response to Michael Black

I have 4 apple devices, 2 iPads, an iPhone and a mac mini. One of the iPads I've given to my 88 year old dad to use, mainly so he can see pictures I want to share. My cloud is full because I'm now on the same ID for all devices and I've been purchasing extra space every month. I would like to take most of the pictures off my own iPhone and iPad. If I give him his own ID will all the shared stuff we currently have disappear from his iPad? Can I change his ID back to my own if I don't like it once we give him his own? Thank you for advice

can I have more than one apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.