Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto-Login To WiFi.....

A friend tinkered with my iPhone. I complained I couldn't get online outside of here as I couldn't connect to the WiFi. He set it so outside it connects automatically to AT&T LTE. I asked to do the on my iPads but he said it only works on the iPhone .

True? I can only use the iPad if I connect to my WiFi? There is no free service that allows you to connect from anywhere within reasonable bandwidth usage?

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Oct 20, 2016 6:20 PM

4 replies

Oct 21, 2016 9:42 AM in response to PinkiPadLostHerPassCantRecover

PinkiPadLostHerPassCantRecover wrote:

A friend tinkered with my iPhone. I complained I couldn't get online outside of here as I couldn't connect to the WiFi. He set it so outside it connects automatically to AT&T LTE.

Did you disable cellular data on the iPhone? It doesn't make sense to disable cellular data that you've already paid for.

PinkiPadLostHerPassCantRecover wrote:

I asked to do the on my iPads but he said it only works on the iPhone .

True? I can only use the iPad if I connect to my WiFi? There is no free service that allows you to connect from anywhere within reasonable bandwidth usage?

True if your iPad is WiFi only model or WiFi+cellular model but you don't subscribe data plan on the iPad. You can use free public WiFi if there's one within range. You may also be able to turn on your iPhone hotspot feature (if your cellular provider allows it) and have your iPad connect to the internet through iPhone cellular data.

Auto-Login To WiFi.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.