Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my old sim-card in my new iPhone?

I bought a new iPhone 7 Plus today at an Apple store with AT&T carrier, unlocked, with a sim-card inside the new phone.

Unlike ordering one on the website, they didn't ask me for my phone number and the last 4-digit of account holder's SSN.

I went back home and setup my iPhone, but it had no service because I didn't do any activation. So I went to this att.com/activations to activate my phone, but it always says Looks like there aren’t any numbers eligible for activation on the associated account.

There's also another site of Gophone activation to activate by sim-card number and IEMI, but in the end it asked me to choose a rate plan, so I guess I was at the wrong place since I am in a family plan with my families now.

So I just pulled out my old sim-card in my old iPhone and replaced it into my new phone, and it is working.

I'm a little worried about it because I think normally I should use the new sim-card coming with the new phone. The old card works now, but will it have any problem in the future?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.0.3

Posted on Oct 20, 2016 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2016 1:44 PM

Hello Toomi Yuna,
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that you are concerned about using your previous sim card in your new iPhone 7 Plus. I understand your concern, but it is perfectly acceptable to use your previous sim card with your new iPhone. If you want to switch sim cards to the newer sim card you will need to contact AT&T and provide them with the new sim card number so they can update your account. Otherwise, using the old sim card is perfectly okay.

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2016 1:44 PM in response to Toomi Yuna

Hello Toomi Yuna,
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that you are concerned about using your previous sim card in your new iPhone 7 Plus. I understand your concern, but it is perfectly acceptable to use your previous sim card with your new iPhone. If you want to switch sim cards to the newer sim card you will need to contact AT&T and provide them with the new sim card number so they can update your account. Otherwise, using the old sim card is perfectly okay.

Best Regards.

Can I use my old sim-card in my new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.