Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging while power off

I just bought an iphone 7. Its my first time using an apple product. Im charging my iphone while turn off the power, and i figured the phone didn't show anything whether its charging or not. So can i charge while power off my phone?

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.3

Posted on Oct 21, 2016 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2016 3:26 PM

Yes, you can charge your phone with the power off. There is no need to power down when you charge, but it will not hurt anything if you do so.

IF you turn the phone off after you plug into charge, you may see no signs of charging at all. If the phone is already off and then you plug it in to recharge, the phone may turn on and you will see the charging symbol at the top.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2016 3:26 PM in response to Cinpeng46

Yes, you can charge your phone with the power off. There is no need to power down when you charge, but it will not hurt anything if you do so.

IF you turn the phone off after you plug into charge, you may see no signs of charging at all. If the phone is already off and then you plug it in to recharge, the phone may turn on and you will see the charging symbol at the top.

Oct 21, 2016 3:31 PM in response to Cinpeng46

If you completely turn off the iPhone before charging, it will turn back on when you plug it into the charger.

If you turn it off after having plugged it in to charge, then its off, and it will charge, but you will get no indication its charged until you turn it on.

If its on when you plug it in to charge, the battery symbol at the top right corner will turn green to indicate its charging.

Additionally the lock screen will show the battery percentage followed by the word "charged" under the clock.

Charging while power off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.