You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to upload photos to Snapfish. I have no difficulty with photos uploaded photos from a digital camera and stored in folders in Finder but photos from my iPad go into Photos and this is greyed out in the Snapfish upload window. Yosemite

I am trying to upload photos to Snapfish from my iMac running Yosemite. I have no difficulty with photos uploaded (several years ago) from a digital camera and stored in folders in Finder but photos from my iPad go into Photos and this is greyed out in the Snapfish upload window.

All my photos taken with my iPad have file names with this format: IMG_0894.jpg, but, unlike other files, they do not seem to be accessible via their filename in the Finder.

Somewhere I read that a workround for uploading to Snapfish was to export the photos to the Desktop. I tried this even before I read the suggestion, but although I can see the menu item Export it doesn't achieve anything to click it. (There was the spinning symbol of activity - not the beachball - but this just went on and on and never did anything.)

I am frustrated both by the inaccessibility of these files generally and by the specific problem regarding Snapfish.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1, iMac is late 2012 running 10.10.5

Posted on Oct 21, 2016 5:40 PM

There are no replies.

I am trying to upload photos to Snapfish. I have no difficulty with photos uploaded photos from a digital camera and stored in folders in Finder but photos from my iPad go into Photos and this is greyed out in the Snapfish upload window. Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.