Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I updated to iOS 10, the sound goes out on my iPhone 6 without warning. I usually discover it when music won't play or, worse, my alarm doesn't go off. Reboot fixes it, but often too late.

Ever since I updated to iOS 10 (or maybe more accurately, iOS 10.0.2), the sound unpredictably quits working on my iPhone 6. I can't figure out what might be prompting it, but it happens once or twice a week. I usually discover it in one of two ways: either I can no longer play music or podcasts on my phone--I'll hit the play button, but the thing doesn't play--the time counter never progresses--OR, worse, I oversleep because my alarm doesn't go off. I have been able to fix the phone's problem temporarily by restarting it after the fact. That would be fine and I would just live with it if it were just a music/entertainment problem, but I literally overslept by two hours this morning because the alarm never sounded. Help!

iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 22, 2016 6:58 AM

There are no replies.

Since I updated to iOS 10, the sound goes out on my iPhone 6 without warning. I usually discover it when music won't play or, worse, my alarm doesn't go off. Reboot fixes it, but often too late.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.