Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID: Verification codes not working

I'm using macOS Sierra...

This is the first time this has happened to me. Seems like there is an outage not acknowledged yet on the Service Status page.

I cannot sign in to my Apple ID despite receiving the verification codes. The appleid.apple.com site rejects the codes. I have received three different ones (by asking for a new code upon failure) and none of them work. It now says I've had too many and suggests I try the previous codes again. Still none of them work. I can't even complete the account recovery because of this too.

My difficulty is that I don't use this Apple ID with iCloud. I have another Apple ID for iCloud. So this breaks Two-Factor Authentication and I need to get the codes sent via SMS or Phone call. The SMS codes are what I'm referring to above. I tried the phone call but the call came in and the audio was all distorted. I have a new iPhone 7 Plus and I am suspicious there is an issue with calls. I couldn't even post here until I used my other iCloud Apple ID.

Can someone please confirm if there is an issue with verification codes sent via SMS? You can attempt to re-create the problem my attempting to sign in to appleid.apple.com with an Apple ID that has Two-Factor Authentication enabled. Don't use the code sent to trusted devices. Try getting an SMS/text verification code and see if it works.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.0.3

Posted on Oct 22, 2016 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2016 10:44 AM

HOW TO GET I PHONE ACTIVATION ID BY USING SERAIL NUMBER

2 replies

Apple ID: Verification codes not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.