Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

whatsapp voice message is inaudible on speaker and earphone despite of max volume

Hello,

I am a iPhone 7 with iOS 10.03, the latest version so far, user.

I change my phone from iPhone 5s to iPhone 7 recently. My iPhone 5s was iOS 10 as well.

After I changed my phone, the voice messages I received by people via Whatsapp are inaudible because of its too quiet volume, and vice versa as well.People can't hear my voice messages via Whatsapp, which I recorded with microphone of phone. (I didn't use any of bluetooth devices. I used a soundtrue earphone from bose.)

If I set the volume as max, it became a little more audible but then the notification is totally loud.

I figured out there are some people who have similar problem in voice messages of Whatsapp only. I don't have any other problem with microphone when I made a call or used a siri.

Is this a kind of bug or problem of my microphone or speaker of new iPhone 7?

Since iPhone 7 doesn't have a cable for earphone anymore, is the location of microphone been changed? Is there anyone who has same or similar problem with me, the issue of audible volume in voice message of Whatsapp?

Please share your problem and if you find a solution PLZ let me know. 😟😕

It bugs me so much. If this is a problem of iPhone device, I am considering to change the device, which I want as the last thing.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.3, null

Posted on Oct 23, 2016 3:33 AM

13 replies

Nov 30, 2016 12:58 PM in response to brightonP

Since I've migrated to iPhone SE from 5S, I'm having the same problem: my messages get recorded and sent but sometimes my contacts can't hear a thing. When I play the messages back on my phone, it's impossible to understand what I'm saying (using the phone speaker or earphones). I thought the problem was with my first iPhone SE but after two weeks I got that first phone replaced by Apple (had other problems) but the new SE they gave me presents the same issue with the audio messages. I've reset (not restored) the phone 3 times and the last time I didn't installed any apps but the problem is still there. Any ideas about this?

iPhone SE

iOS version 10.1.1

WhatsApp Messenger version 2.16.17

whatsapp voice message is inaudible on speaker and earphone despite of max volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.