You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inconsistent format with iTunes playlists on Mac

I updated to the newest Mac software, MacOS Sierra, within the first few days after it was released. I have also updated to the newest version of iTunes. All the playlists in the sidebar are in the 'new' format (pictured below):

User uploaded file

But for whatever reason, the ONLY playlist that has not updated to this new format is my purchased playlist (pictured below):

User uploaded file

I have checked for further updates, but everything has been updated. I have also restarted iTunes and my Mac, but neither seems to have fixed the problem. Anybody know how I could get this playlist to update and look cohesive and consistent with the others?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Oct 24, 2016 9:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2016 10:51 AM

Not at my Mac at the moment, but there is a View option to view the playlists as "Songs" (what you want) rather than the default view of "Playlist" (your first picture). There is no way to change the default, so any new playlist you create you'll have to change the view to Songs (just once though).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2016 10:51 AM in response to morganfeldpausch

Not at my Mac at the moment, but there is a View option to view the playlists as "Songs" (what you want) rather than the default view of "Playlist" (your first picture). There is no way to change the default, so any new playlist you create you'll have to change the view to Songs (just once though).

Inconsistent format with iTunes playlists on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.