Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is "Upgrade Notes" in iOS 10 ?

After waiting the recommended 2 months to install iOS 10, a funny thing happen when I went to use Notes.

I get "Upgrade Notes". If this is optional I have not figured out how to not upgrade. I do not use the cloud for anything, so the sharing function is not needed or wanted. What do I do to continue using Notes more or less as I was doing in iOS 9?

Posted on Oct 24, 2016 3:51 PM

1 reply

Oct 25, 2016 9:34 AM in response to Ziatron

HI Ziatron,

I understand that you have some questions about upgrading the Notes on your iPhone. I know it's important to have control over your apps, so I'm happy to help.

It's important to know that even if you don't use iCloud, upgrading Notes offers a lot of additional functionality beyond sharing. After upgrading your notes, you can still continue to use them like normal. Check out this page for a full list of the features available after upgrading Notes:

Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

What is "Upgrade Notes" in iOS 10 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.