Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my watch face keep changing?

MY Apple watch 2 watch face keeps changing without me doing it. I later need to go in manually and change it back. Anyone know why?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 25, 2016 12:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2016 1:36 AM

Hi

Swiping edge to edge across the watch face switches between different watch faces that have been added to the collection on your Apple Watch.

If you tend to only use one watch face, you may find it most convenient to remove any others from the collection on your watch, so that accidental swipes across the screen no longer select a different one.

Watch faces can be added back as and when desired, either directly on your watch or via the Watch app on your iPhone:

https://help.apple.com/watch/#/apdb0c5fb937

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2016 1:36 AM in response to kokua57

Hi

Swiping edge to edge across the watch face switches between different watch faces that have been added to the collection on your Apple Watch.

If you tend to only use one watch face, you may find it most convenient to remove any others from the collection on your watch, so that accidental swipes across the screen no longer select a different one.

Watch faces can be added back as and when desired, either directly on your watch or via the Watch app on your iPhone:

https://help.apple.com/watch/#/apdb0c5fb937

Jan 14, 2017 2:03 AM in response to janelmc2

The faces on both my husband and my Apple 2 Watch changes way too easily.

On the other hand, it is now much easier to change the watch face. Previously it took so long to switch to a different watch face that I rarely used it. Now it is so easy to switch between two different watch faces with different complications that I rarely need to use the Dock and to launch apps from the Dock. It is very convenient - as long as the watch face does not change on its own.

Why does my watch face keep changing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.