Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE distorted screen shows when resetting

Hey everyone!

I have the iPhone SE (updated to iOS10). I've only had it for less and a month. I noticed a few days ago that when I hold the power/home button to restart that the screen displays a sort of "pixelated crash" screen (I've included pictures). The good news is that it still restarts normally and I'm not noticing any other issues. It seems like it's mostly a green screen, but I've seen a red screen and pinstripes as well. This consistently happens immediately after the 'slide to power off' screen displays. Obviously this isn't normal, so I'd like to figure out if this is some sort of software/hardware issue and address it if I can. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Please note that I have not dropped my phone, it has no cracks, and I haven't ever given it a bath.

Update: Before posting this I updated to iOS10.1 and it seems like it still does it, only now it's immediate and I don't get the 'slide to power off' screen. Very strange.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone SE, iOS 10.1, null

Posted on Oct 25, 2016 12:28 PM

4 replies

iPhone SE distorted screen shows when resetting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.