Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving push notifications

Iphone 5S

iOS 10.1

My iphone has stopped receiving push notifications from most apps. I'm still getting message and facebook messenger notifications, but news alerts, sports results from various apps aren't coming through anymore.

I've checked my notification settings, do not disturb isn't on, have restarted the phone, done a hard reset and updated software to ios 10.1. Still not receiving push notifications.

It may or may not be connected, but about a week ago my battery had gone down close to zero by the end of the day. When I took it off the charger the next morning, it was if I was signing into the phone for the first time and had to go through the setup process all over again. Not sure what caused this.

Thanks,

Gr Ant.

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.1

Posted on Oct 25, 2016 4:23 PM

1 reply

Oct 26, 2016 10:16 AM in response to Gr Ant

Hey Gr Ant,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you are no longer receiving notifications on your iPhone 5s. I see you've also tried some great troubleshooting steps by updating the software and restarting your iPhone.

Please review, Use Notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch , specifically the section called, "If you don't see notifications for a specific app."

Then, if you haven't done so already, what we'll want to do next is backup your device and reset the settings. Resetting all of your device’s settings will revert things to default like Wallpaper, Sounds, Display & Brightness, Background App Refresh, Date & Time, removed previously used Wi-Fi networks and passwords and more. So you'll need to set those back up again. The steps on how to backup are in the link below, followed by steps to reset all settings.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

To reset, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

Please test your notifications and let us know if this works for you.

Cheers.

Not receiving push notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.