Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer or backup iBooks from iPad to PC

I have quite a few books downloaded to my ipad but would like to transfer them to my WinPC. I just want to free up room on my iPad. I got a lot of things transferred/shared from iPad to PC but can't figure out how to do this?

iPad Air, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 25, 2016 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2017 7:46 AM

This is Byzantine beyond belief.

1 On iBooks I did something that was like "Transfer books to from iTunes" I thought I was screwed at that point but maybe not.

2 In iBooks I selected PDF on the bar on the left. I was presented with a window of thumbnails of the PDFs

3 I tried to 'drag and drop' one of the images to a normal directory that was open in a Finder window.

4 Shazam, off it went.

/Byzantine-start

5 Switched to 'list' view.

6 Selected 11 files.

7 Mouse absolutely refused to drag-n-drop

8 Switched back to 'Thumbnail' view

9 Highlighting a number of files and then dragging and dropping worked fine.

/Byzantine-stop

So it can be done and I am sure that this is very intuitive to some people. I hope this helps those who need this feature.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2017 7:46 AM in response to King_Penguin

This is Byzantine beyond belief.

1 On iBooks I did something that was like "Transfer books to from iTunes" I thought I was screwed at that point but maybe not.

2 In iBooks I selected PDF on the bar on the left. I was presented with a window of thumbnails of the PDFs

3 I tried to 'drag and drop' one of the images to a normal directory that was open in a Finder window.

4 Shazam, off it went.

/Byzantine-start

5 Switched to 'list' view.

6 Selected 11 files.

7 Mouse absolutely refused to drag-n-drop

8 Switched back to 'Thumbnail' view

9 Highlighting a number of files and then dragging and dropping worked fine.

/Byzantine-stop

So it can be done and I am sure that this is very intuitive to some people. I hope this helps those who need this feature.

Oct 26, 2016 12:18 AM in response to oladyb

If you connect the iPad to your computer's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases they should copy over to the Books section of your PC's iTunes library - for me that has always copied actual ibooks from the iBookstore as well as PDFs/epubs in the iBooks app. If you are using iCloud Drive for the iBooks app that might not work, I'm not using it so I can't check

How to transfer or backup iBooks from iPad to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.