Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issues accessing outlook.com

I am having trouble accessing outlook.com

The issue started this month and is intermittent, but today I haven't been able to access outlook.com at all.

Are any other mac users having this issue?

I get the following error message on chrome:

This site can’t be reached

outlook.live.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

Try running Network Diagnostics.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I am having the issue using chrome, firefox and safari browsers. All are updated to the latest version.

I have tried clearing all history on all browsers, including cache. I have tried restarting.

I am using a mid-2012 Macbook Air with Yosemite 10.10.5. My internet connection appears fine and I don't have any trouble loading any other sites. Connection speeds (uploads and downloads) are fast. I haven't noticed any other issues with this laptop.

I live with someone else who also uses a Macbook Air (different version of OS X) and also experiences the same problem at the same times.

We have both had the same problem on multiple different wireless networks in different regions.

We are located in NSW, Australia.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Air, iOS 10.1, null

Posted on Oct 25, 2016 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2016 9:55 PM

System Preferences > Network > Advance..., at DNS tab, click + then add DNS server, 8.8.8.8 in DNS tab could solve the problem.

3 replies

issues accessing outlook.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.