📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding emails from laptop to desktop

I am travelling for 3 months and will be using my laptop to download emails. When I return, I want to add these new emails to the many folders I have on my desktop (which are so many that I don't want to sync the two). Is it possible to simply add the new emails to the large number of emails on the desktop? I'd appreciate exact advice on how to do this. thanks, Art

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 26, 2016 12:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2016 10:31 AM

On the laptop, Mail/Mailbox/Export Mailbox. That should give you a copy of the e-mails. Export as many Mailboxes as required. Then invoke screen sharing. Copy the exported Mailboxes to the desktop's Desktop. On the desktop, Mail/File/Import Mailboxes. That should give you an On My Mac mailbox containing all the e-mails. Rearrange as required/desired.

Screen Sharing - About

Screen Sharing - Preferences

Screen Sharing – Share the Screen of another Computer

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2016 10:31 AM in response to ArtfromBC

On the laptop, Mail/Mailbox/Export Mailbox. That should give you a copy of the e-mails. Export as many Mailboxes as required. Then invoke screen sharing. Copy the exported Mailboxes to the desktop's Desktop. On the desktop, Mail/File/Import Mailboxes. That should give you an On My Mac mailbox containing all the e-mails. Rearrange as required/desired.

Screen Sharing - About

Screen Sharing - Preferences

Screen Sharing – Share the Screen of another Computer

adding emails from laptop to desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.