Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Java 6 for Sierra? (TI-Nspire)

Hey

So I have this program, TI-Nspire, which I use for school. After I've updated, I haven't been able to acces the software. I talked to the support team, who told me that the software is only compatible with Java 6, and with Sierra came Java 8. Now, I have really tried to get it to work. I read somewhere, that you could follow this:

Download Java for OS X 2015-001

and download that version - but it really does not work for Sierra. Or at least, I can't get it to do so.

I really need this software, so I hope one you have the answer that I am looking for

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), iOS 10.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2016 11:19 AM

10 replies

Oct 27, 2016 12:13 PM in response to melissacwk

Boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and try launching the software from there. Can you?

Another test is to log into another user account on your Mac and try Ti-Nspire from there. If it works there then there's something in your account that is the culprit.

If that's the case download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Java 6 for Sierra? (TI-Nspire)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.