Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

question

can i know why , everytime i tried to charge my phone the notificatiob pop ups stated that this accessory are not supported. im using a original cable and recently i updated my iphone to ios10,

im using ip6plus. is there anyone got same problem ?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2016 2:13 AM

5 replies

Oct 28, 2016 3:07 AM in response to mykhail han

Hi,

The first thing you should try is to clean out the data port. Power off your iPhone to prevent any unnecessary damage. Next, take a paper clip and bend it straight. Insert the paperclip into the data port and gently scrap the sides and bottom. Use compressed air, or blow hard into the data port. Lint and other small dirt will come out. Repeat this a few times until no dirt comes out.

Another thing you can try is to clean the head of the lightning cable. Over time, the metal tip can accumulate gunk and other dirt, preventing good contact. A common issue is corrosion. The gold pins can become corroded when exposed to moisture. You will see a greenish color on your lightning cable. With your bent paperclip, scrap any dirt or corrosion off. Use a cloth and some alcohol to wipe the head of the lightning cable clean.

The cable might also just be damaged, typically the wires that connect the head of the cable become detached from constantly being pulled.

question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.