Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo finance not updating-need to hit 'refresh'...

I'm using OSX 10.4.8, Safari Version 2.0.4 (419.3), and I don't see my stock portfolios updating automatically in yahoo finance. I know the quotes are delayed, but on my other machines, the quotes at least refresh on their own, without having to re-load the page..Anyone have any ideas if there's a setting somewhere i have to change???

mac mini Mac OS X (10.4.8) Safari Version 2.0.4 (419.3)

mac mini 1.66GHz Core Duo Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 15, 2006 7:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2006 8:39 AM

Hi Chris! 😀

I use Yahoo finance a little myself although I don't really pay attention to quotes auto-updating unfortunately or I could probably be more helpful. I can't think right now what setting would fix it but something to keep in mind is that Yahoo is not very Safari friendly in some cases...this may be one of them???

But with that being said when you say other machines are you referring to Macs using Safari or something else? And one more thing...have you tested the auto-updates on Firefox/Camino? Does it work?

Let us know...Reg
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2006 8:39 AM in response to chris ct

Hi Chris! 😀

I use Yahoo finance a little myself although I don't really pay attention to quotes auto-updating unfortunately or I could probably be more helpful. I can't think right now what setting would fix it but something to keep in mind is that Yahoo is not very Safari friendly in some cases...this may be one of them???

But with that being said when you say other machines are you referring to Macs using Safari or something else? And one more thing...have you tested the auto-updates on Firefox/Camino? Does it work?

Let us know...Reg

Dec 18, 2006 1:46 AM in response to chris ct

Hi Chris! 😀

Yeah sometimes that happens...Yahoo is actually bad at making things Safari compatible but they are getting around to it. I hear the new Yahoo mail beta is not even Safari compatible...shame on Yahoo! 😀

With Firefox you have various builds that are tweaked for Mac...and then you have Camino which is basically Firefox for Mac. So at least you have a few options there. I think most people on these forums keep at least one other browser installed in case they ever need it...for me I use Safari and Camino when I have too...

Thanks for the STAR!!! 😀

Reg

Yahoo finance not updating-need to hit 'refresh'...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.