Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X SIERRA, Mac mini and ups via snmp

Hi,

I need help to configure mac os x Sierra on mac mini with a ups connected on ethernet and using snmp protocol.

Does someone can help me to do it because I can't find any information about that.

It's a ups "vision" 1000VA online with SNMP card and standard SNMP MIB for ups system.

I can't connect it by USB cable because it's not in the same place.

Thanks for your help

Mac Mini Server (Late 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.1), UPS and SNMP over ethernet

Posted on Oct 30, 2016 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2016 4:59 AM

I did this a while back for a project (was on Yosemite at the time) but seems to

still work.

You need to go to the command line (Terminal) in order to enable it on a Mac Client.

->sudo snmpconf -g basic_setup

or just

->sudo snmpconf

for the whole 9 yards.

Then to get it running without having to reboot:

->sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LauncDaemons/org.net-snmp.snmpd.plist

You could just reboot as well since the snmpconf enables the daemon at launch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2016 4:59 AM in response to HuguesL

I did this a while back for a project (was on Yosemite at the time) but seems to

still work.

You need to go to the command line (Terminal) in order to enable it on a Mac Client.

->sudo snmpconf -g basic_setup

or just

->sudo snmpconf

for the whole 9 yards.

Then to get it running without having to reboot:

->sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LauncDaemons/org.net-snmp.snmpd.plist

You could just reboot as well since the snmpconf enables the daemon at launch.

Oct 31, 2016 5:07 AM in response to woodmeister50

Thanks woodmeister50,

sorry because it seems I didn't explain my problem well. (I'm French and not used to write such technical problem in english).

I would like to make my OS X Sierra get informations or trap events from my electrical UPS system connected by Ethernet and shutdown correctly. I don't have any other équipement connected to my Mac mini.

Later, it will have another equipment connected to my UPS : a NAS based on a DELL computer with OS freeNas or XPEnology but I don't have enough time to do it for the moment.

Thanks very much

Mac OS X SIERRA, Mac mini and ups via snmp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.