Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UNTRUSTED CERT TITLE ??

Hi

I was installing a new SSD hard drive to my Macbook Pro (2012) and went to recovery mode and ,, Starting Internet Recovery. This may take a while'' comes up. After that I erased my hard drive and when I press continue to reinstall macOS Sierra a small window pops up and say's ,,To download and restore macOS, your computer's eligibility will be verified with Apple. I press Continue and another windows pops up and say's ,,UNTRUSTED_CERT_TITILE'' from there I am stuck.

Any suggestion ?

Posted on Nov 1, 2016 12:29 PM

15 replies

May 23, 2017 5:04 PM in response to jfsettanni

You are amazing. Thanks for making this easy for me and probably thousands of others. This same clock going defunct crap is why I am wiping my mac. The time goes 5 years in the past at least once per day currently. Hopefully Apple can figure this plague out at some point in the reasonable future and hope to not see it again after my fresh reinstall.

Jun 21, 2017 6:37 PM in response to ariebenezer

I Am having the same issue on an iMac that originally camevwith El Capitan and was upgraded to Sierra i erased and did first aid on the drive with macOS utilities and even running internet recovery it is still stuck on trying to install Sierra despite the fact it came with El Capitan and internet recovery is supposed to go back to the version of Mac OS that was installed at the factory. HELP!

UNTRUSTED CERT TITLE ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.