Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to only use the green screen effect not the blue screen on iMovie

I have got a video filmed in front of a green screen and the person in front of the green screen is wearing blue. When I go to select "Green/Blue Screen" in iMovie the effect targets both colours so I end up have a transparent person. In iMovie 11 how can I just use the green screen effect, but not the blue screen effect! Please help! Ethan.

iMac

Posted on Nov 1, 2016 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2016 8:01 AM

The help files at:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mov82da1338a

says under 'Use green-screen or blue-screen effect':

The color that iMovie removes is based on the dominant color in the frame at the position of the playhead when you choose Green/Blue Screen from the pop-up menu. If the frame below the playhead isn’t representative of the rest of the clip, you may need to reposition the playhead and reapply the effect.

Have you tried re-applying the green/blue screen effect with the playhead positioned over a different part of your video where there is a larger area of green than blue in the frame?

Geoff.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2016 8:01 AM in response to curlyhead23

The help files at:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mov82da1338a

says under 'Use green-screen or blue-screen effect':

The color that iMovie removes is based on the dominant color in the frame at the position of the playhead when you choose Green/Blue Screen from the pop-up menu. If the frame below the playhead isn’t representative of the rest of the clip, you may need to reposition the playhead and reapply the effect.

Have you tried re-applying the green/blue screen effect with the playhead positioned over a different part of your video where there is a larger area of green than blue in the frame?

Geoff.

How to only use the green screen effect not the blue screen on iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.