Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

account recovery in progress - no instructions coming

Dear All, please advise me.

I forgot my password for Apple ID.

I went for account recovery.

Got an email and confirmed account recovery.

According to iforgot.apple.com it takes a couple of days and then I should receive instructions via phone number I provided.

It is over two weeks now and I have not received anything.

I think that for some reason the sms with instructions did not get through to my phone. Otherwise the number is working, I got call from Apple with verification code to unlock my account (but sms seems not to work).

What can I do? I have access to my email, I have my safety email, I have my safety phone, I have my safety questions. Just one sms did not get through. Even at Apple support they did not help me so far 😟

Thank you for your time.

David

Posted on Nov 3, 2016 12:19 PM

2 replies

Nov 4, 2016 3:33 PM in response to kataklisma

Hey kataklisma,

Looks like you're having some trouble with your Apple ID. It's an essential part of the Apple experience, so it'd be my pleasure to work with you on this.

When it comes to Apple ID issues, because of how we handle security, there's only so much we're able to offer in a public setting like this. To start, let's check on the status of your request:

Tips to regain access faster

If at any time you remember your password, or regain access to a trusted device and can sign in successfully, your account recovery process will end and you can continue using your Apple ID as before.

Here are other ways you can shorten your Apple ID account recovery time:

• Click Confirm Account Recovery in your request confirmation email.
  • Go to iforgot.apple.com and check the status of your request. If you can provide additional account information such as credit card details, you might be able to shorten the account recovery period, or even regain access immediately.
Regain access to your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery - Apple Support

You can also use the above link to start the account recovery process over. If you've checked that resource and you're still having trouble with the account recovery process, you can use this link to get further assistance:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have an awesome day!

account recovery in progress - no instructions coming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.