Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use my scanner on my MacBook Pro?

Hi,

I just got a new MacBook pro (2016, 13 inch no touch bar) and I tried to connect my canon MG5250 scanner and printer to it. I downloaded and installed the relevant drivers from the canon website. I got the printer driver and both the driver ones from this website:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/ inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5250.aspx?type=drivers&language=&os=macOS%2010.1 2 %20(Sierra)

However, I still cannot work out how to use the scanner. I also have a new icon in the toolbar. When I click on it, it gives me an option to 'scan the images using the operation pannel of the scanner'. I then set it up to scan on the printer and get this error message:

'MP navigator corresponding to the printer you intend to use, may not be installed correctly. Reinstall MP navigator, and then try again.'

Not really sure where to go from here.

Thanks for the help.

(repost as I initially posted it in the wrong section)

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 2 TBT3), macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on Nov 3, 2016 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2016 12:50 PM

Have you tried Image Capture? The following may help: Mac Basics: Using a scanner - Apple Support

2 replies

How to use my scanner on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.