Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone7 freezing

I have iPhone7 plus and freezing when I press phone application trying to reach to my recent call or trying to reach to my contact, I tried to restart it by press sleep/walk with sound button it did not work, I tried reset all setting it did not work, and I reinstall ios10 by iTunes and still freezing, so I really need some help to fix it please.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.1.1, 128G

Posted on Nov 3, 2016 5:25 PM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2016 7:35 AM in response to faisal30

Hello faisal30,

As I understand, you are having a freezing issue that happens when you tap on the Phone application icon on your iPhone 7. You are doing the correct thing in attempting a restore. Before restoring, please back up your iPhone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We would want to make sure that you restore your device and set up as it was when new. This eliminates software conflicts with other applications. You can find the link to that procedure below.

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings

Next, test concerning the freezing when selecting the Phone application. If this seems to have solved your issue, you can add applications back onto your device one at a time, in an attempt to identify if one specific app is creating an issue. Otherwise, feel free to respond with results.
Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Have a great day.

Dec 6, 2016 6:39 AM in response to faisal30

I have iPhone 6 and face same issue.

Yes most of time issue is with Phone application but some time I see issue with other apps as well.

Not sure if it is related to memory, I tried to release some memory by try downloading a big size movie from iTunes Store than the memory available on my phone and got some merit available for use. I just tried yesterday and since then not faced issue may be need to monitor for next 3-4 days if that really resolve issue. But yes some update from Apple is required.

iphone7 freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.