Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting iMac to Philips Stereo via USB

Help!! Anyone out there know how I can get my philips stereo to function as the default output? I have it connected via usb and it used to work fine on my old windows based laptop. I'm not able to install the drivers on my new iMac but was kinda hoping there was someway round that!

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

imac, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Dec 15, 2006 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2006 11:06 PM

Good luck! Unfortunately it doesn't work (I've tried). Philips would have to write an OS X driver, for what is essentially a USB audio card directly wired to a stereo. You can split the audio out of the iMac and bring it into the Aux channel versus the USB channel.

This was the ONLY thing I missed switching back to a Mac after a long abscence.

El Bill
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2006 11:06 PM in response to JamieA1

Good luck! Unfortunately it doesn't work (I've tried). Philips would have to write an OS X driver, for what is essentially a USB audio card directly wired to a stereo. You can split the audio out of the iMac and bring it into the Aux channel versus the USB channel.

This was the ONLY thing I missed switching back to a Mac after a long abscence.

El Bill

Dec 20, 2006 12:02 AM in response to wudson

Thanks Bill - my next challeneg then is to get it working with an RCA adapter... I'm plugged into the line out of the stereo (seems the only place to connect the audio plugs) and that's connected to the iMacs jack on teh back of the screen... still no sound from the stereo and I've lost the Phillips Sound Agent option on the sound preferences!!!

Connecting iMac to Philips Stereo via USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.