Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make iTunes recognize .wav files

Bought a Video iPod and Griffin's iTalk Pro (a mike that allows voice recording). I recorded a 1 hour and a 2 hour session and the file showed up on the iPod. When I attached it to the Mac with OS 10.4.8 and iTunes 7, it uploaded the voice memo files (in .wav) and put them in the iTunes library file as found through searchlight, but are not shown in iTunes.

How can I make these files be recognized by iTunes?

eMac Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 16, 2006 4:13 AM

4 replies

Dec 16, 2006 4:30 AM in response to DHarry

That's not how it's supposed to work according to this: http://www.griffintechnology.com/support/italkpro/

By default, a playlist will be created in iTunes called "Voice Memos" and those files will be transferred there automatically. The files themselves can be found on your computer in your iTunes Music folder in Unknown Artist > Unknown Album.

It may be worth working through any trouble shooting articles on that site.

Regards,
Colin R.

Dec 18, 2006 11:28 AM in response to DHarry

When I attached it to the Mac with OS 10.4.8 and iTunes 7, it uploaded the voice memo files (in .wav) and put them in the iTunes library file as found through searchlight
You mean Spotlight?

but are not shown in iTunes
In iTunes, control click on the column headers and tick Date added.
Sort on this column and look for the files.

How can I make these files be recognized by iTunes?
They are recognized based on the simple fact that they are in the library.itl file.

How to make iTunes recognize .wav files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.