Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerbeats 3 Wireless

I received my Powerbeats 3 on Monday, and have cycle outside with them all week. I realized today that the % number for battery life in the top menu by the headphone icon on my iPhone 7 is for my phone, not the Powerbeats like my Powerbeats 2 showed. How am I supposed to know how much juice is left on my Powerbeats while I'm cycling? I know the headphone icon takes up space, so why didn't Beats/Apple keep the temperature icon with a percentage number? Please tell me I missed a setting somewhere to change this, otherwise I'm going to have to return them. I looked in the manual and found nothing. I was impressed that these things are supposed to get up to 12 hours battery life; my old ones only got 4 hours. What a disappointment.

Powerbeats 3 Wireless EarPods-OTHER, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2016 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2017 12:12 PM

I recently purchased the Powerbeats 3 and I noticed the same thing about the battery percentage. I'm no expert, but I'm inclined to say that this is something that will most likely be addressed in a software update. I say this because up until very recently I was using the Powerbeats 2 with my iPhone7 plus, and the battery percentage (and new icon) were showing up in the top right corner of my iPhone's screen. I noticed the actual percentage was no longer there when I paired the Powerbeats 3 to my phone, it's probably the way the W1 chip connects to the phone that is causing the issue. In the meantime I guess we all have to use the battery widget.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2017 12:12 PM in response to Greg Wagoner

I recently purchased the Powerbeats 3 and I noticed the same thing about the battery percentage. I'm no expert, but I'm inclined to say that this is something that will most likely be addressed in a software update. I say this because up until very recently I was using the Powerbeats 2 with my iPhone7 plus, and the battery percentage (and new icon) were showing up in the top right corner of my iPhone's screen. I noticed the actual percentage was no longer there when I paired the Powerbeats 3 to my phone, it's probably the way the W1 chip connects to the phone that is causing the issue. In the meantime I guess we all have to use the battery widget.

Nov 21, 2017 10:48 AM in response to Greg Wagoner

I have a pair of Gen1 and when connected i get the % left in the widget screen and on the Status Bar, Same for another pair of bluetooth headsets. but with theses new Gen3 Powerbeats i only get the % in the widget screen, Why?

Why can the Gen1 offer this vs the new updated Gen3? because of W1???

Things seems to be going backwards Apple/Beats... Make it right please.. i don't see why we now have to spend more time on something that worked perfectly before.

Nov 5, 2016 2:51 PM in response to Greg Wagoner

Hey Greg,

Congrats on your new Powerbeats 3 earphones! If you would like to check the battery life for your Powerbeats 3 earphones, you would have to look in the bluetooth settings on your iPhone 7. There, you can see the battery percentage that is left for the device.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities to post your question. Enjoy your new earphones!

Cheers.

Powerbeats 3 Wireless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.