Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake IMessage?

A Friend of mine was showing me a screen shot of a imessage conversation that was sent to her. I noticed the message conversation looked weird. In the attached photo the iMessage has To: Alexis the blue text is the sender sending the original message and the grey response is Alexis. Why doesn't Alexis name appear at the top where it says "New iMessage"and why does it also say "Cancel". The only time the To: field shows is when you initiate a text, but once you push send the receivers name or phone number goes to the top (where "New iMessage" is located) And there is no cancel. Am I right, that this is a fake text conversation? I've hear of apps that let you make fake text messages.

User uploaded file

iOS 10.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2016 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2016 8:45 PM

What you have shown is a screen shot of creating a response to a message. The bubbles you are showing (that you have marked over) are previously sent messages in that thread. But indeed the fact that you show a "To:" line and a keyboard do indicate another message in that thread is currently being composed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2016 8:45 PM in response to Senny10

What you have shown is a screen shot of creating a response to a message. The bubbles you are showing (that you have marked over) are previously sent messages in that thread. But indeed the fact that you show a "To:" line and a keyboard do indicate another message in that thread is currently being composed.

Fake IMessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.