Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted Senior Discount Mail account

Today, I found that this "Senior Discount" mail account added on my iPad Mini without my permission. I think it was after clicking on an advert from a website taking me to a link offering "Senior Discount Coupons". The Senior Discount mail account has someone else's name , email address. and hidden password.

It is an IMAP account:

OverjoyfoundlingLajoya@my minibox.email

Host Name: 20161104.imap.email.minibox.email

User Name: OverjoyfoundlingLajoya@my minibox.email

Password: (hidden)

The Senior Discount mail account has no Delete bar. 😠 How do I delete and remove the unwanted account from my iPad?

Has my iPad been hacked?

Has my sensitive data, like passwords, been compromised, and do I need to change them?

THanks for any help.

Posted on Nov 4, 2016 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2016 7:22 AM

You might have installed a profile that includes that email account. Is there a Settings > General > Profile section e.g.

User uploaded file

If there is, and if it looks like it's related to that email account, can you select and delete it from there ?

2 replies

Nov 5, 2016 7:43 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks for the info.

Following your directions, I was able to delete the unwanted Senior Discount mail acccount from iPad Profiles. The Mail account has been deleted. 🙂

This "Senior Discount" offer is a scam to be aware of by iPad users!

And, I would not have discovered the Senior Discount mail account if not for me looking to update my legitimate mail accounts. 😠

Beware of this new scam.

Unwanted Senior Discount Mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.