Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video rendering error: 10004

PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU! SO GRATEFUL.

I CANNOT EXPORT MY PROJECT, I CONTINUE TO GET THIS ERROR:

"Video rendering error: 10004 (Final Cut Pro error 10004: render Video Frame failed"

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), QuickTime Error 0

Posted on Nov 5, 2016 3:48 AM

15 replies

Jan 9, 2018 7:08 AM in response to OneBillionStories.com

Hi everyone, this usually happens because you've added a video which could contains some frame wrong.

In order to fix this follow next steps:

1.- Identify the broken video.

In order to do this, and if you've got more than one video added, try to do an export of your edited video to MP4 file. Obviously it will fail, but until it fails, FCPX will create part of the file. Usually an MP4 can be played, even if it was not completely closed until the end. This will help you to know exactly when it stops.

You can be sure the next second, in your FCPX timeline has this issue.

2.- Fix the error.

Simply trim the video a bit to skip that frame.

3.- Export it again.

Best regards.

Feb 2, 2018 4:08 AM in response to OneBillionStories.com

I had this problem too and is only specific to 10.4, previous versions don't do it.

The issue I have is, for lack of a better term, a bad frame at the beginning of one or more clips.

Cut out that bad frame and it exports without error. I have found that when I snap to the beginning of each clip, if it displays black, it will cause the export to fail. Cut the first frame of that clip out (the black frame) and all is well.

I would like a better way to get past this as it is a PITA to check every clip and trim out the offending frame.

10.3x does not have this problem so it has to be something new in 10.4 causing it.

I would love to just change a setting and resolve this but cutting out the black frame is the only way I know.

Mar 3, 2018 10:17 AM in response to mygodlol

Resetting the preferences doesn't ever delete any libraries. It just doesn't have any memory of any previous libraries that you may have created. It's the application as it is in its default state, which is an Untitled library stored in your Movies folder. Find your library wherever it's stored and double-click it, or use the Open Library function.

Nov 5, 2016 6:48 AM in response to OneBillionStories.com

First, turn off Background Rendering in the Preferences.

Second, select the Library, in the File menu select Delete Generated Library Files, delete ALL render files.

Third, quit FCPX, then hold Opt-Cmd while launching it again, when prompted, delete preference files.

Normally just deleting all render files for the Library would fix this type of issue. But there you have several things to try if it doesn't.

Video rendering error: 10004

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.