Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 plus Rear Camera Purple Tint Problem

Hi,

My iPhone 7 plus rear camera has purple tint. It's very obvious and even more visible during low light. It appears in all camera modes except portrait mode.

When I pan around, the white balance is also erratic. Sometimes it's so greenish. But when I point to shoot, it turns purple-ish.

I thought the problem was because I installed ProCam 2 app which I used to adjust white balance. But after I uninstalled the app, restored my iPhone, the purple tint is still there.

I am so bummed. I only got the iPhone for 2 weeks.

Front camera is normal.

Is there anyone experiencing the same thing?

Please help.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 5, 2016 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2018 1:24 PM

did you get a replacement or repair?

5 replies

Mar 21, 2017 7:20 PM in response to Bangjokan

The "purple" issue is caused by bad heat insulation of the camera sensor from the rest of the phone, so when you try to take a photo the heat can cause distortion of the data the image processor chip collects from the sensor and converts to digital image (when you open the camera app it puts the screen brightness to max, so even this can cause the phone to heat up). When you use the camera in low light the image chip relies more on the sensor to collect more light, so this might cause only low light pictures to be affected (especially the color black, where the sensor tries to deliver as much light possible and there just isn't one, as it is dark). When you take a photo in normal light (or with flash) there is enough light and the sensor doesn't try to replace the color black with purple.

The damage to the camera sensor caused by heat seems to be permanent and if it's in an early stage it can be fixed by a software update which just calibrates the image chip to ignore the "purple" image data. But, as you stated, this is a hardware issue and if the software update doesn't fix it, the phone should be sent to a repair center for the sensor and the insulator around it to be replaced.

Search on google: HTC ONE PURPLE TINT

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-plus-pink-tint-purple-tint-camera- issue.2037858/

iPhone 7 plus Rear Camera Purple Tint Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.