Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 battery exploded

User uploaded fileHas anyone the same experience with an exploded battery in an Iphone 6 ?

iPhone 6, iOS 10.1

Posted on Nov 5, 2016 6:19 AM

18 replies

Dec 14, 2017 6:19 PM in response to Community User

No original equipment Apple battery has ever exploded. Occasionally a failing battery will start to swell, which can force the screen up. If this happens contact Apple immediately. They will usually replace the phone for the cost of a battery. This is very rare, but it has happened.

This is not true for replacement batteries installed by anyone other than Apple, which have been known to explode on occasion.

Dec 15, 2017 6:56 AM in response to Community User

Here's a detailed summary of what I meant:

• Original battery in an iPhone - no problem
  • Battery replaced by the Genius Bar at an Apple store - no problem
  • Battery replaced by an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) - no problem

• Battery replaced by the user with a battery bought online - problem
  • Battery replaced by an independent shop or mall kiosk - problem

Apple does not sell batteries to anyone other than AASPs, so if your battery was not replaced by Apple or an AASP you can be certain it is not an Apple battery. You also have no idea of its quality. There are batteries sold that are as good as Apple's, and there are batteries sold that are pure garbage, that will die quickly, or that might catch fire or explode. The problem is you have no idea what the quality of such a replacement battery is. You can't trust the seller to tell you; they will all say their batteries are as good as Apple's. If the replacement battery costs less than $40 you know for sure it is garbage, but if it's more than that you are in unknown territory. As Apple charges $79 to replace the battery, and guarantees both the battery and the phone, how much of a chance are you willing to take for $39?

Dec 14, 2017 6:28 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I do recall a case where an original battery exploded... however, it was shown on investigation that a botched 3rd party repair resulted in the battery having been pierced by a misplaced screw, resulting in the fire/explosion.

Your point is well made, though. There has never been a confirmed case of a fire or explosion in an iPhone that had not been tampered with.

Dec 14, 2017 6:44 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

No original equipment Apple battery has ever exploded. Occasionally a failing battery will start to swell, which can force the screen up. If this happens contact Apple immediately. They will usually replace the phone for the cost of a battery. This is very rare, but it has happened.

I don’t know what by

This is not true for replacement batteries installed by anyone other than Apple, which have been known to explode on occasion.

Dec 15, 2017 7:57 AM in response to Community User

Apparently you were not paying attention.

Apple does not sell iPhone parts, including batteries to unauthorized service providers.

Having your phone serviced by ubreakifix will render your phone completely untouchable by Apple.

Have the battery replaced by Apple.

Why you would want to pay MORE to forfeit your right to service and possibly end up with a completely non-functional phone is beyond me.

Dec 15, 2017 7:56 AM in response to Community User

Why would you pay $20 more than Apple will charge? For a battery of unknown quality? And lose your Apple warranty and out of warranty replacement discount in addition?

Have you actually had the battery tested to determine if it needs to be replaced? The app Battery Life does a pretty good job, and if you call Apple they can test it remotely.

Dec 15, 2017 7:57 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

iphone 6 battery exploded

had an explosion of iphone 6 battery.

would like to know if other experienced the same problem and if apple support giving any solution as the iphone just burn

thanks

I don’t know how it can happen to the iPhone 6 ?

Dec 15, 2017 10:16 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

JUNE 24, 2015

User uploaded fileAccording to a report from The Times of India, a brand new iPhone 6 exploded when a customer was on a hands-free phone call. The owner, Kushan Yadav, luckily survived the incident by throwing his two day old iPhone out of his car window. The incident happened during the week of June 20th, but Yadav did not file a police report until Tuesday. He claims that the iPhone got really hot and started to spark.

User uploaded file

“My face could have got burn [sic] as the phone exploded in a matter of seconds. When I threw the phone, the call was on and the battery was around 70 percent,”

I what to know how it can happen to the iPhone 6 ?

Dec 14, 2017 4:30 PM in response to lahab

I have a question for you about iPhone 6 what happened with you iPhone 6 and why did it explode ?

i have a iPhone 6 I have never have any problems with it ?

Ethan

Iphone 6 battery exploded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.