Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't see my carrier name on the status bar

Hi,

After i have updated to iOs 10 , I am not able to see my carrier name on the status bar, Is this the expected behavior. I used to see it earlier in ios 9.3.5.

Also in the settings - general - about - Network doesn't appear , and says Not Available, Not sure whats going wrong. Please help with change of settings or any fix.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

In the settings section of About , I can see the setting carrier as AIRTEL but not on the network. Please help resolve the issue.

iPhone 5, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 5, 2016 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2016 2:26 PM

Hello hi_shobhit76,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Community. I understand you've been unable to view your carrier info on your phone and I'd like to help. If you have not already, it's always a good idea to restart your phone as described in the article below:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that doesn't help I'd recommend resetting your network settings to make a fresh connection with your network to ensure we are using the latest communication settings needed. Rest assured, this will only affect settings like your Wi-Fi password. Your content will not be erased.

You will need to re-enter your Wi-Fi password once your device restarts.

Please tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your device.

If the behavior persists, or you run into any trouble we're here to help.
​Best Regards.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2016 2:26 PM in response to hi_shobhit76

Hello hi_shobhit76,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Community. I understand you've been unable to view your carrier info on your phone and I'd like to help. If you have not already, it's always a good idea to restart your phone as described in the article below:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that doesn't help I'd recommend resetting your network settings to make a fresh connection with your network to ensure we are using the latest communication settings needed. Rest assured, this will only affect settings like your Wi-Fi password. Your content will not be erased.

You will need to re-enter your Wi-Fi password once your device restarts.

Please tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your device.

If the behavior persists, or you run into any trouble we're here to help.
​Best Regards.

I don't see my carrier name on the status bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.