Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White lines all over the screen

I'm using ipad mini 2 and I've just upgrade to 10.1.1 last night. After that my ipad's screen becomes like this

User uploaded file

Then I downgrade my ipad to 10.1 and the problem is still remain, but if I lock then unlock it, the screen backs to normal again in about 30sec to 1min then everything becomes fragile again. Please help 😟

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 6, 2016 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2016 3:18 AM

Hi

This is a hardware fault with the screen make an appointment at apple store

You may get an out of warrenrty replacement but you will need to pay part of the cost.

Go to settings- iCloud backup over your WiFi before you go to store.

Cheers

Brian

13 replies

Nov 6, 2016 10:57 PM in response to Hoangmanhlinh

I find this very, very odd that you and I both got this problem on our iPad mini 2's on the same day. I was still running iOS 10.0.1 at the time, I factory reset and updated to 10.1.1 but it didn't make a difference.

It comes on in the same manner, the bands run up and down (left and right in landscape mode) where any bright areas are on the screen. I thought that the bands were rotating too (staying horizontal at all times, but not so).

This happened to me right after I plugged in an Apple Lightening to HDMI connector to view my iPad on the TV (which I did successfully the night before). Could the connector, cord or TV possible have sent a surge into the iPad to cause damage to the hardware?

As with @Hoangmanhlinh it is intermittent and I can get it to go back to normal by pressing the lock button and then waking it up again. Sometimes it is still there, but most of the time it is gone; but it will spontaneously come back after a bit of time.

But still, why did this happen on the same weekend for the same iPad model.

Mines a 128 GB cellular model, so I don't want to see this die on me. I really don't want to have to get a new one, that money is to replace my iPhone 3GS! sigh. 😟

Dec 8, 2016 4:32 PM in response to Hoangmanhlinh

Hi, so to clarify, they just replaced the screen?

I was under the assumption that if you took it in for a repair, you get a replacement instead (then they try to fix the iPad in their own time, if possible) and redistribute your old one after they fix it.

Does it have a different MAC address?

Did they charge you the standard ~$200 flat fee, or something different?

I've got an open case for mine, but I'm having to wait for a bit before fixing it (save some money). Mine also recently developed a broken Home button as well. (Using the Accessibility Assistive Touch virtual Home button.)

Cheers and thanks for following up.

White lines all over the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.