Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix the wifi problem on IOS 10.1.1?

When I updated my iphone to IOS 10.1.1, it started disconnecting with the wifi signal ramdomly, I've tried pretty much everything to fix it. I restarted my router and that didn't work. Other divices that aren't apple don't have this problem in my house.

Posted on Nov 6, 2016 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2016 10:27 AM

IT did a complete factory reset and checked and deemed it ok. I checked connectivity - it connected to wifi and my mobile hotspot ok. I restored my backup - it connected to all wifi ok, without re-asking for the passwords.

So a factory reset (perform a backup first) solved it for me.

17 replies

Nov 8, 2016 12:39 PM in response to RicardoAbel

I haven't solved it. But I found other symptoms.

When I switched on after leaving it 6 hours it connected ok. Then after a minute it disconnected, asked for the wifi password when I tried connecting again and refused saying the password was wrong. (it wasn't - cutnpaste).

So next I tried connecting my iPad to my iPhone's personal hotspot. My iPhone is on 10.1.1 (14B100), too.

That worked. I changed the password on my iphone's personal hotspot... the iPad connected without me entering the new password!

That freaked me out. Security problem? Dunno. In fact I noticed that the iPad switched on the iPhone's personal hotspot by itself - without knowing the password. That freaked me out even more 😮 I.e. the iPad detected the iPhone's mobile hotspot even though it was switched off and the iPad wasn't connected to wifi. Very worrying (to me)

Giving Apple the benefit of the doubt I logged my iPhone out of iCloud (never realized I was in in the first place). Now the iPad still shows the iPhone hotspot (even when it's off). But trying to connect gives me the message:

Remote Hotspot Failure

Unable to start personal hotspot "xxxx iPhone"

even when the hotspot is on.

All very crazy, and very worrying.

Nov 12, 2016 12:39 PM in response to RicardoAbel

I can bare with your frustration of trying to get WiFi and it turns out you are experiencing a poor reception and this has occurred to some previous member I provided some support option and seems to have resolved their issue and would like to provide you the same support option. Check it out: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support and if issue persists then go to Settings|General>Reset>Reset Network. Good Day 😉

Nov 17, 2016 6:59 AM in response to RicardoAbel

Progress...

I took my iPad to mobile IT support and they tried some diagnosis before confirming that iOS 10.1.1 appears to be incompatible with my iPad hardware. Since the iPad Pro is only 2 months old it's being sent to Apple for replacement.

The simplest way to verify the problem.

1. Disable wifi on my iPhone and iPad

2. Enable the mobile hotspot on my iPhone.

3. Try to connect the iPad to my iPhone´'s hotspot over wifi.

----> Always fails with the message "Incorrect password for ..." Changing the password to be very simple didn't help.

I'll update when the replacement arrives.

Nov 19, 2016 7:07 AM in response to RicardoAbel

Agree. I also use a lot lte to cope with the connection problems. All my other devices like pc and also ipad (still on the ios 10 version before 10.1.) work just fine. Also my iphone worked just fine until i updated it to the new version. So it's clearly not a technical damage nor a poor signal. It's clearly a bug preventing the device's wifi receiver to work peoperly.

Does anyone know if there is a way to report bugs to apple? Or do they read these threads? Bc honestly i don't want to have this problem forever.

How do I fix the wifi problem on IOS 10.1.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.