Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

this website has been blocked from automatically starting a call iphone

Hi, when i go onto a website and click the phone number, this message appears:

"this website has been blocked from automatically starting a call iphone - Ignore | Allow"

I built the website and it doesn't happen on any others i built, the phone number is the one on the footer, any ideas?

:-)

<I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.>

iPhone 6, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2016 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2016 6:20 AM

I was having this issue too, after playing around I realized it's a safari feature. For any phone number you click, you get the option of call or cancel. If you hit cancel 3 times safari assumes that the website is creating unwanted call requests, and starts creating the message you listed. If you hit the Allow button it will reset the block flag and give you call | cancel again.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2016 6:20 AM in response to sturnerapple

I was having this issue too, after playing around I realized it's a safari feature. For any phone number you click, you get the option of call or cancel. If you hit cancel 3 times safari assumes that the website is creating unwanted call requests, and starts creating the message you listed. If you hit the Allow button it will reset the block flag and give you call | cancel again.

Jul 13, 2017 9:49 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

No it isn't. It just confuses the visitor (potential customer) who then leaves to find a different service provider that doesn't appear "sketchy".

Safari asks to either Call or Cancel anyways. No need for the double message. Apple is going down hill since they eliminated Jobs (RIP).

Even their 2-step-authentication is crap! It asks me to confirm and sends the auth code to the same computer I'm using. OMG Apple!

I'd revert to windows but... RANT!

this website has been blocked from automatically starting a call iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.