Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning charger burnt a hole in my arm

So two nights ago, exhausted after work, I accidentally fell asleep on my phone charger, instead of plugging in my phone and putting it on my night stand. I woke up yesterday morning and noticed my charger wasn't working when i plugged it in, but when i got out of bed i noticed the burn mark on my arm. It's as big as the tip of the lightning charger that goes into the phone, and part of it is blue/green, i'm thinking some sort of chemical reaction on my skin to whatever was on the charger and the coloring won't wash off. I definitely went out and bought a new charger. I know they get hot, but I had no idea they got hot enough to burn a hole in my arm. Has anyone else ever experienced this??

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 7, 2016 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2017 7:15 AM

The exact same thing happen to me today. I came out the shower and sat on my bed, and I accidentally sat on my charger. I didn't realise until I felt a burn sensation on my back side. When I looked I found the charger burnt me and left a huge red burn.

4 replies

Nov 27, 2016 6:46 PM in response to Daniellian

This exact same thing happened to me. exact. only difference is that i have this scabby thing on the side of my thigh. The blue part of my wound really scared me at first.. still worried as my body doesn't handle cheap metals well. This happened three days ago & not much improvement. have you figured out what happened & are you doing okay/is it looking better?

Nov 28, 2016 7:39 AM in response to Daniellian

Hi

Be sure to follow Apple's guidance when using and/or charging your iPhone.

The Important safety information includes:

Prolonged heat exposure

... don’t sleep on a device or power adapter, or place them under a blanket, pillow, or your body, when it’s plugged into a power source. It’s important to keep iPhone and its power adapter in a well-ventilated area when in use or charging ...

http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/#/iph301fc905

Lightning charger burnt a hole in my arm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.