Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Experiencing Magic Trackpad 2 disconnecting?

Over the past couple of weeks I've experienced my Magic Trackpad 2 occasionally disconnecting (and reported via onscreen message) and then reconnecting on my Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina laptop running MacOS Sierra version 10.12. I've noticed this occurring 2 or 3 times a day during a 8-10 hour work day. Moments ago the trackpad became entirely non-responsive; no onscreen pointer, nothing. I then plugged the trackpad to my laptop via the Lightning cable and, voila, it's back. Checking Settings->Trackpad, I see the reported battery level is 84%.

Anyone else encounter this behavior? Suggestions?

Magic Trackpad-OTHER

Posted on Nov 7, 2016 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2016 11:55 AM

Hi,

Might be corrupted Bluetooth preferences.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

Click Go then move the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file to the Trash.

Restart our MacBook Pro then follow the instructions for pairing the trackpad > Set up your Apple wireless devices - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2016 11:55 AM in response to applenascent

Hi,

Might be corrupted Bluetooth preferences.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

Click Go then move the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file to the Trash.

Restart our MacBook Pro then follow the instructions for pairing the trackpad > Set up your Apple wireless devices - Apple Support

Experiencing Magic Trackpad 2 disconnecting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.