Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

D-Link 4G Adapter incompatible with Mac

Hi. I just bought a D-Link 4G USB Adapter (Model DWM-222). I tried to use it on my MacBook Air 11' (MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.1). I can't seem to launch it as it was stated that "You can’t use this version of the application “D-Link Connection Manager” with this version of macOS." Kindly advise. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 8, 2016 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2017 11:44 PM

Get a Windows, download the latest firmware. Install via Windows 7 or 10. Then inside the D-Link Connection Manager will be upgraded.

Here is the link for my country.

http://www.dlink.com.my/dwm-222/#firmware

Step upgrade in Windows 10:-

Unzip the zip file. Run the .exe. Estimate about 5 minutes depend on your internet connection.

The 50% will take a while, just wait for it patiently...

User uploaded file

Once it is done. If you have 2nd same model device, you can press Enter, or else just Quit.

User uploaded file

Here is after upgraded version:-

User uploaded file

Here is the Application with my MacOS 10.12.6

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2017 11:44 PM in response to redfleece

Get a Windows, download the latest firmware. Install via Windows 7 or 10. Then inside the D-Link Connection Manager will be upgraded.

Here is the link for my country.

http://www.dlink.com.my/dwm-222/#firmware

Step upgrade in Windows 10:-

Unzip the zip file. Run the .exe. Estimate about 5 minutes depend on your internet connection.

The 50% will take a while, just wait for it patiently...

User uploaded file

Once it is done. If you have 2nd same model device, you can press Enter, or else just Quit.

User uploaded file

Here is after upgraded version:-

User uploaded file

Here is the Application with my MacOS 10.12.6

User uploaded file

D-Link 4G Adapter incompatible with Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.