Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

verification code entered but nothing happens

In updating the iOS on my phone, it says to go through verification process. I tell it to text me the code. Next screen says to enter the code. I can't enter a code I don't have. I can't get to my text messages to enter the code. So my phone is stuck.

I went to log in to this site, and it asks for a code. I tell it to call me. I can actually receive the call, and I enter the code. Guess I should have entered the code into the phone vs into the login here on my laptop? I tried entering it into my phone, but after I type it in, nothing changes. No "Go" button, no enter, no notice it's wrong or right, nothing. Still stuck.

Click on "Didn't receive" and nothing at all happens. Shouldn't it now ask me to send a different way or something?

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 8, 2016 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2016 7:35 AM

Howdy rsklat,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID account and are unable to complete the setup process fo your iPhone 5s. I want you to be able to complete the update and setup process so you can get back to using your iPhone and you’re in the right place to find a resolution.
Here's a resource that can help:
Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

Specifically, use these steps:

If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2016 7:35 AM in response to rsklat

Howdy rsklat,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID account and are unable to complete the setup process fo your iPhone 5s. I want you to be able to complete the update and setup process so you can get back to using your iPhone and you’re in the right place to find a resolution.
Here's a resource that can help:
Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

Specifically, use these steps:

If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

Take care!

verification code entered but nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.