Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my iphone voice speaks fast?

I have the new iPhone 7 plus and is updated. When I want it to speak a message to me it reads it to fast. House can I fix that problem?

Posted on Nov 8, 2016 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2016 8:34 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities luzM87,

I see that you're having an issue with VoiceOver reading too fast. I understand that concern and I'd be happy to help.

Check out this article on ways to adjust the settings for VoiceOver:

Adjust voices for VoiceOver, Speak Screen, and Speak Selection on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Take a look at this section and specifically step number 6:

With VoiceOver, you can enable more than one voice, switch between Default and Enhanced Quality (without needing to download the voice again), and change the speaking rate for each voice:

1. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Speech.
  2. Tap Add New Language.
  3. Tap the language and dialect you want. This will take you back to the Speech screen.
  4. Tap the More Info button for the language.
  5. Choose either Default or Enhanced Quality. If you choose Enhanced Quality, the voice hasn't been downloaded yet, and your device is on a Wi-Fi network, the voice will start to download.
  6. Move the Speech Rate slider to slow down or speed up the voice.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2016 8:34 AM in response to luzM87

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities luzM87,

I see that you're having an issue with VoiceOver reading too fast. I understand that concern and I'd be happy to help.

Check out this article on ways to adjust the settings for VoiceOver:

Adjust voices for VoiceOver, Speak Screen, and Speak Selection on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Take a look at this section and specifically step number 6:

With VoiceOver, you can enable more than one voice, switch between Default and Enhanced Quality (without needing to download the voice again), and change the speaking rate for each voice:

1. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Speech.
  2. Tap Add New Language.
  3. Tap the language and dialect you want. This will take you back to the Speech screen.
  4. Tap the More Info button for the language.
  5. Choose either Default or Enhanced Quality. If you choose Enhanced Quality, the voice hasn't been downloaded yet, and your device is on a Wi-Fi network, the voice will start to download.
  6. Move the Speech Rate slider to slow down or speed up the voice.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

why does my iphone voice speaks fast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.