Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps halt when enable check spelling or auto-correction

Hi,

i have a iphone 6 128GB with IOS 10.1.1 facing a problem after we upgrade the IOS from 8 to 9 and 10.

no matter in Notes, email, whatsapp, the apps will halt once enable checking spelling or auto-correction.

in beginning, we think it may related to we are using a Typo2 bluetooth keyboard ( end user migrate from Blackberry)

But even disable the bluetooth keyboard and using the onscreen keyboard, apps still halt once spell checking.

we already tried in Apple shop

(1) reset all settings

(2) erase all content and settings, then DFU by Apple genius, restore the backup

still same problem

Even, we purchased a new IPhone 6s yesterday.

we only transfer old photo in camera rolls ( phone to phone), login same Apple ID and iCloud, restore Whatsapp database from Icloud by Whatsapp restore.

Same problem happen in new iphone 6s.

Even it cannot sign out the iCloud login in new Iphone 6s and old iphone 6

it is so depress when same problem again after we transfer data and setup the new iphone 6s for 3hrs

Discuss with Apple Genius, it may related to

(1) iCloud ID

(2) whatsapp database restore from iCloud

Any genius here can advise the possible solutions to resolve?

I plan to :

(1) Backup the iphone

(2) DFU again

(3) Restore the IPhone from Itunes. ( min. request must restore the photo and whatsapp data)

(4) not login the same iCloud ID, create a new iCloud ID.

As it will take another 3 to 4hrs for my boss iphone and laptop, any genius has better suggestion to resolve?

Kindly need your help.

Rgds,
Sun

iPhone 6, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 8, 2016 8:56 PM

1 reply

Nov 10, 2016 3:02 AM in response to Sun Leung

Hi Genius,

I have update for my case after testing in two new iphone.

The apps halt when auto spell checking is related to IOS 10 and our Exchange 2013 email.

We proved when IOS 9.3.4, setup with our Exchange 2013 email account, no problem found.

Once the IOS upgrade to IOS 10.1.1, the apps halt when spell checking.

it's not related to Icloud ID or whatsapp database.

I have no idea why our exchange account is not compatible with IOS 10.

We have other user without problem

But only hints is the end user have over 3000 address book in his Exchange email.

Any known bug in between Exchange 2013 and IOS 10?

or anyone experience the same?

Please advise.

Rgds,
Sun

Apps halt when enable check spelling or auto-correction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.