Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to WiFi Fon network, Captive Portal doesn't redirect. HELP!

Hello! I've been having problems joining previously used

Wi-Fi networks that require a login page to access. It's a Fon hotspot network and as I connect the captive portal page pops up with the link: captive.apple.com but it doesn't redirect me to the login page. I've tried switching off Auto-login and opening Safari that says no connection.

The network provider had no useful comments nor advices.

What should I do? Is there some settings I need to check?

I've been struggling with this issue for days.. bare in mind it all worked fine a few days ago.

Any kind of advice or help is welcome.

Posted on Nov 9, 2016 12:40 PM

1 reply

Nov 10, 2016 12:16 PM in response to Léa_kira

Hello Léa_kira,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you've been unable to connect to Wi-Fi networks that require a captive portal login. I know connecting with Wi-Fi can be crucial for daily usage. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, I recommend restarting your iPhone. This can resolve many unexpected behaviors. Use the steps below:
  1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, try forgetting the networks in question. Tap Settings > Wifi > Choose the network > Choose Forget this Network. Here's some additional information about using captive networks and auto-joining networks:
Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
How iOS decides which wireless network to auto-join

Have a wonderful day!

Cannot connect to WiFi Fon network, Captive Portal doesn't redirect. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.