Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I sign out of Apple Music and sign back in

I would like to know how to sign out of Apple Music

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2016 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2016 1:06 PM

Hey AnisaG,

If I understand correctly, you want to sign out of Apple Music and sign back in. To sign out you will need to sign out of iTunes in Settings. This will require you to redownload any music you have already downloaded for offline use. ​I would recommend you read this article, use it for the steps to sign out and back in.

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If you see the option to Sign In, you can change your Apple ID now.
  3. Tap Sign Out.
    User uploaded file
  4. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  5. Tap Sign In, then enter your Apple ID and password.
    User uploaded file

If you changed your Apple ID to share content with a family member or because you have multiple Apple IDs, try Family Sharing instead. With Family Sharing, you can link your family's Apple IDs into a group that can share purchases, photos, and more.

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2016 1:06 PM in response to AnisaG

Hey AnisaG,

If I understand correctly, you want to sign out of Apple Music and sign back in. To sign out you will need to sign out of iTunes in Settings. This will require you to redownload any music you have already downloaded for offline use. ​I would recommend you read this article, use it for the steps to sign out and back in.

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If you see the option to Sign In, you can change your Apple ID now.
  3. Tap Sign Out.
    User uploaded file
  4. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  5. Tap Sign In, then enter your Apple ID and password.
    User uploaded file

If you changed your Apple ID to share content with a family member or because you have multiple Apple IDs, try Family Sharing instead. With Family Sharing, you can link your family's Apple IDs into a group that can share purchases, photos, and more.

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

How can I sign out of Apple Music and sign back in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.