Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't remove old devices from apple account

I have ten devices associated with my apple account. Three of these devices I either no longer own or cannot access. I have a new device I need to set up on the account for our apple music family account and cannot remove the old devices. When I log into my account and go to manage devices the remove buttons are grayed out. How can I remove these devices that I cannot access any longer?

iPhone 6, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2016 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2016 4:14 PM

Signing out and signing back in helped for the one device that I can still access. I can no longer access the other two devices. Both devices that I can't access should have been signed out and wiped clean before they were traded in but the remove button is dimmed. Any way to remove devices that I can't sign out of?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2016 4:14 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Signing out and signing back in helped for the one device that I can still access. I can no longer access the other two devices. Both devices that I can't access should have been signed out and wiped clean before they were traded in but the remove button is dimmed. Any way to remove devices that I can't sign out of?

Nov 10, 2016 4:12 PM in response to jujbov

Hello jujbov,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you want to remove some associated devices from iTunes. The following article provides information on removing associated devices: View and remove your associated devices in iTunes As you say that the remove buttons are dimmed, I would call your attention to this section:

If you can't click Remove (the button is dimmed), the device that you're trying to remove is connected to your Apple ID. Sign out of the iTunes Store on that device, then try again to remove it.

Best regards.

can't remove old devices from apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.