Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 Plus - Call Failed

Iphone 7 Plus keeps dropping out every time I make a phone call. Screen comes up with 'Call Failed'. I've updated the phone to iOS 10.1.1.

Here is what I've found and tried through google search:

Put iPhone on airplane mode, waited then turned it back on

Made sure time and date is set correctly

Restarted phone

Turned it off completely then back on

Reset all settings

Dial *#31#

Also had Telstra put a new sim in my phone thinking it was that. Nothing I've tried has helped so are there any other options I can try? Thanks in advance

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 10, 2016 2:55 PM

8 replies

Nov 4, 2017 8:01 AM in response to BobbiJaye

I’m in the same boat. It is a constant problem. I call someone and then I says call failed before I get to speak to anyone. It even says call failed with someone I’m talking with. Also. When I text using either WhatsApp or iMessage. It won’t show the last message sent. It’ll show the 3rd to last message. Only. I can drag it down. I just force close it and then it works again. Thinking of ringing Apple support as I have paid for Apple care.

Nov 16, 2016 6:07 AM in response to BobbiJaye

Same thing for me. I am using iOS 10.1.1 on the iPhone 7, and for no reason the call quality starts to deteriorate and I loose the conversation. The call timer still carries on, but I cannot hear and the person cannot hear me. Then the iPhone shows "call failed" or even "system failure". It happened 3 times in a single call once.

Anyone experiencing dropped calls using the latest software? I tried to do a full reformat of my phone but issue keeps coming in.

iphone 7 Plus - Call Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.