Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make a free Genius Bar appointment

How to make a free Genius Bar appointment:

Go to https://getsupport.apple.com, click on “Mac” (or other category as needed) > click on “Mac Notebooks” (or other category as needed) > click on “Hardware Issues” (or other category as needed) > click on one of the specific hardware issues (or “The topic is not listed”) > briefly describe your issue > click “Continue” > click on “Visit the Genius Bar” (or other category as needed) > in the “Search location” field, enter your Full address or city or ZIP code > click on “Go” > click on “Distance” to find the closest Apple Stores, and those stores will be listed along with the first available appointment time > click on that time and a window will open up showing available dates and times > click on a date to find what times are available > choose the desired date and time and a window will open confirming your appointment. Note that you can Reschedule or Cancel your appointment in this window. Also note the “Before you come in” suggestions and complete them. You’ll receive an eMail at the address listed with your Apple ID. There are links to “Manage my reservations,” “Driving directions and map,” reminders of what you need to do before the appointment, and your Case ID. Saving this email and/or the Case ID is strongly recommended so any future service or appointments can access this initial appointment. Finished! Now just show up on time with your Apple product and any necessary associated items.

Posted on Nov 11, 2016 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2016 12:57 AM

I think this one is easier to follow. Thanks to bobseufert for suggesting it!

1. Go to https://getsupport.apple.com
  2. click on “Mac” (or other category as needed)
  3. click on “Mac Notebooks” (or other category as needed)
  4. click on “Hardware Issues” (or other category as needed)
  5. click on one of the specific hardware issues (or “The topic is not listed”)
  6. briefly describe your issue
  7. click on “Continue”
  8. click on “Visit the Genius Bar” (or other category as needed)
  9. in the “Search location” field, enter your Full address or city or ZIP code
  10. click on “Go”
  11. click on “Distance” to find the closest Apple Stores, and those stores will be listed along with the first available appointment time
  12. click on that time and a window will open up showing available dates and times
  13. click on a date to find what times are available
  14. choose the desired date and time and a window will open confirming your appointment

Note that you can Reschedule or Cancel your appointment in this window. Also note the “Before you come in” suggestions and complete them.

You’ll receive an eMail at the address listed with your Apple ID. There are links to “Manage my reservations,” “Driving directions and map,” reminders of what you need to do before the appointment, and your Case ID.

Saving this email and/or the Case ID is strongly recommended so any future service or appointments can access this initial appointment.

Finished! Now just show up on time with your Apple product and any necessary associated items.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2016 12:57 AM in response to tjk

I think this one is easier to follow. Thanks to bobseufert for suggesting it!

1. Go to https://getsupport.apple.com
  2. click on “Mac” (or other category as needed)
  3. click on “Mac Notebooks” (or other category as needed)
  4. click on “Hardware Issues” (or other category as needed)
  5. click on one of the specific hardware issues (or “The topic is not listed”)
  6. briefly describe your issue
  7. click on “Continue”
  8. click on “Visit the Genius Bar” (or other category as needed)
  9. in the “Search location” field, enter your Full address or city or ZIP code
  10. click on “Go”
  11. click on “Distance” to find the closest Apple Stores, and those stores will be listed along with the first available appointment time
  12. click on that time and a window will open up showing available dates and times
  13. click on a date to find what times are available
  14. choose the desired date and time and a window will open confirming your appointment

Note that you can Reschedule or Cancel your appointment in this window. Also note the “Before you come in” suggestions and complete them.

You’ll receive an eMail at the address listed with your Apple ID. There are links to “Manage my reservations,” “Driving directions and map,” reminders of what you need to do before the appointment, and your Case ID.

Saving this email and/or the Case ID is strongly recommended so any future service or appointments can access this initial appointment.

Finished! Now just show up on time with your Apple product and any necessary associated items.

Nov 11, 2016 2:24 AM in response to tjk

I've just noticed that. I've also noticed the forum has gone to pot this morning; my machine is now only showing three answers. As you'll know, you cannot change a mark once it has been applied but I've always wondered why because some accidental marking could cause a wrong answer to be regarded as right.

Rather than raise a question in the lounge, I'll drop a private note to Cheryl to see if and how one of the help marks can be changed.

Nov 11, 2016 6:20 AM in response to tjk

Easier? Fewer steps.

{assuming that you already know your Store - why wouldn't you?}

1. visit the Apple Retail Store page nearest you [ http://www.apple.com/retail/knoxstreet/ ]
  2. choose [Genius Bar] big button
  3. choose product [Mac] big button
  4. choose [Mac Notebooks] big button
  5. choose [Other Mac topics] big button
  6. choose [Topic not listed] button
  7. enter "blah blah" (literally does not matter) > [Continue] button
  8. choose "Make Genius Bar Reservation" link below Other Options
  9. pick a time from the floating panel (your Apple Store is prioritized & pre-chosen by your starting point in #1 above)

This also assumes that you are logged into your Apple ID / ASC - again, odds are one would be

User uploaded file

How to make a free Genius Bar appointment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.