Related Article

Install custom enterprise apps on iOS

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How do you install 3rd party apps on iOS 10?

How do you install 3rd party apps on iOS 10? I don't see "Profiles and Device Management" anymore???

Posted on

Nov 11, 2016 7:04 AM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

The app I'm trying to install is not available in the app store. It is from a website where I download by clicking a link. When i do that, a dialog box pops up confirming the install. When I click yes, nothing happens.

Nov 11, 2016 7:04 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2016 7:04 AM in response to robnicol01 In response to robnicol01

robnicol01 wrote:

The app I'm trying to install is not available in the app store. It is from a website where I download by clicking a link. When i do that, a dialog box pops up confirming the install. When I click yes, nothing happens.

You're lucky. What you're attempting to do is very unwise.

Nov 11, 2016 7:04 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2016 7:07 AM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

Actually it's not unwise. The app is something developed by my company to fill out a timesheet remotely. I have had it on my phone for years but it always seems to stop working when Apple comes out with a new update so I have to re-install. But now with iOS 10, the app will not install.

Nov 11, 2016 7:07 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 11, 2016 7:23 AM in response to kb1951 In response to kb1951

Why has it changed? There used to be a way to install enterprise apps this way:

Guidelines for installing custom enterprise apps on iOS - Apple Support

However on iOS 10, there is no longer a "Profiles & Device Management" tab in Settings. Why was this removed?

Nov 11, 2016 7:23 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: robnicol01

Question: How do you install 3rd party apps on iOS 10?