Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple users under one iTunes account

Is it possible to have multiple users/devices (2 iPhones, 5 iPads and MacBook pro) under one iTunes account successfully without getting everything jumbled up?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 11, 2016 11:33 AM

4 replies

Nov 11, 2016 11:41 AM in response to dennis2462

Yes, it's possible. Your family either shares one account or you set up family sharing and keep things separate:

Share purchased content with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

I share one iTunes Store account between 2 macs, 3 phones and 2 iPads. Each device just downloads what apps they need. I set up our household before Family Sharing was a thing.

I would though use multiple iCloud accounts so that you do not share contacts and calendars. Each person should have their own iCloud account but you can share a iTunes store account for app purchases. The iTunes store account will be linked to one credit card, so one of you would take responsibility for paying for everything.

Nov 11, 2016 11:42 AM in response to dennis2462

There is no such thing as an iTunes account. What do you mean? Do you mean an iTunes Store account/Apple ID?

If you have multiple users and each wants their own configuration on a device it is possible to use a single iTunes Library (different from an account) if you do not use any iCloud services (hard in this day and age). Beyond that each user needs their own AppleID and you can arrange various sharing services between AppleIDs.

multiple users under one iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.